- Give it your best shot! Don’t take the test if you are sleepy, fatigued, rushed, distracted, emotionally distressed, or if you have been under the influence of intoxicants within the last 24 hours.
- Find a quiet, well-lit room that is free from distraction such as music or conversation.
- Turn off your cell phone. Put away any snacks or drinks.
- Close all other programs and applications on your computer.
- You can wear headphones connected to the computer’s audio component to hear the cues from the test and to help block out external noise.
- If not wearing headphones, turn the volume up on the computer so you can hear the audio feedback the test will give you.
- We recommend taking a Practice test which is free of charge.
- Read all instructions thoroughly.
- Focus and give it your honest effort. This will lessen the chance of having to retake the test.
- You must complete all tasks without interruption or delay. On average, it will take eight to 10 minutes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and that your computer is using a modern Internet web browser.
- You will also need the most up-to-date version of the Adobe Flash Player. If you don’t know whether or not this is installed, our system will let you know if it can’t find it within your computer. You’ll be prompted to download it before you begin the test. The download is free, and a link is provided to assist you with this simple download.
- If you are testing with others, be courteous of those test takers around you.
Although it is not required, Axon Sports recommends that a responsible adult supervise a test taker. The test is designed to be easy to take, but a responsible adult can ensure that the optimal conditions are being met and that the test taker is giving an honest effort.
- This individual should also observe the test being taken, so that they can offer simple coaching or advice if the Athlete needs assistance. A responsible adult can be a Parent or Guardian, a Teacher, Coach, Athletic Trainer, Nurse or a Healthcare Provider.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOUR ATHLETE HAS SUFFERED A POTENTIAL BRAIN INJURY, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR OR TAKE YOUR CHILD TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM IMMEDIATELY. AXON SPORTS CANNOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE OR HELP YOU INTERPRET THE RESULTS OF A BASELINE OR AFTER INJURY REPORT. WORK WITH YOUR DOCTOR TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOUR CHILD HAS SUFFERED A CONCUSSION OR ANY OTHER MEDICAL INJURY.